In addition to maintaining innovative, robust and reliable internet registry services, we provide a range of products.
Our products and services include:
- Domain registry support services for country code Top Level Domains including .uk, and from 2014 .cymru and .wales
- Domain registry support for generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) including (from 2013) .bbc, .bentley, .comcast, .telecity, and .xfinity
- Partner registry support, providing the back-end infrastructure to run other registry services
- Emergency Back-End Registry Operators (EBERO) for new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs)
- An award-winning Dispute Resolution Service
- Enhanced security for the Domain Name System – DNSSEC and the ability to ‘lock’ domains that are subject to a phishing attack
- Domain look up services for the public - WHOIS
- Domain look up services on a bigger scale for registrars and others – Domain Availability Checker (DAC) and Public Register Search Service (PRSS)
- A service for VoIP telephone users - ENUM
- Advice for both businesses and individuals about on how to stay safe online – knowthenet.org.uk
- Advice and support for .co.uk domains – agreatplacetobe.co.uk
- Registrar resources
- Nominet Cyber Assist - a new service designed to provide UK small businesses with cyber security support and advice. Find out about our current pilot programme.
- Domain Lock - the new service from Nominet that allows domain names in the UK namespace to be locked at the Registry level.
In addition to products and services, our public purpose and ethical approach to internet governance sees us working closely with governments and other organisations to make the internet a safer, more reliable and trusted space.