In addition to maintaining innovative, robust and reliable internet registry services, we provide a range of products.
Domain registry services
- Domain registry support services for the .uk country code Top Level Domain
- Domain registry support services for .cymru and .wales from 2014, as selected by the Welsh Government
- Domain registry support for generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) including (from 2013).bbc, .bentley, .comcast, .telecity, and .xfinity
- Partner registry support, providing the back-end infrastructure to run other registry services
- Emergency Back-End Registry Operators (EBERO) for new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs)
- An award-winning Dispute Resolution Service for .uk domain names.
Domain name look up services
- Domain look up services for the public - WHOIS
- Domain look up services on a bigger scale for registrars and others – Domain Availability Checker (DAC) and Public Register Search Service (PRSS)
- Registrar resources – guidance on tools, systems and marketing resources.
- Domain Lock - the new service from Nominet that allows domain names in the UK namespace to be locked at the Registry level.
- Nominet Cyber Assist - a new service designed to provide UK small businesses with cyber security support and advice, which is currently in pilot. Find out about our pilot programme.
- Enhanced security for the Domain Name System – DNSSEC and the ability to ‘lock’ domains that are subject to a phishing attack
Consumer advice and support
- Advice for both businesses and individuals about on how to stay safe online – knowthenet.org.uk
- Advice and support for .uk domains – agreatplacetobe.uk
- A service for VoIP telephone users - ENUM
In addition to products and services, our public purpose and ethical approach to internet governance sees us working closely with governments and other organisations to make the internet a safer, more reliable and trusted space. Read more about our partnerships here.