We would like to thank stakeholders for their contributions to Lord Macdonald’s review of .uk registration policy. The scope of the review focused on the extent to which Nominet should be restricting offensive or otherwise inappropriate words or expressions in domain name registration.
The Nominet Board has agreed to make all the changes to its registration policy recommended in Lord Macdonald’s review. Further details can be found here.
We received 170 written submissions from stakeholders in response to the public consultation launched on 5 September 2013 and Lord Macdonald also interviewed twenty organisations or individuals as part of his evidence gathering. Further details are provided in full in his report and appendices, which we have published below. Written submissions are published here.
- Appendix 1 - VeriSign Domain Name Industry Brief
- Appendix 2 - UK TLD market
- Appendix 3 - Rules of Domain Name Registration
- Appendix 4 - Ts & Cs of Domain Name Registration
- Appendix 5 - Summary of Written Submissions
- Appendix 6 - Participants in meetings or telephone interviews
- Appendix 7 - ICANN gTLD Zone File Access Strategy Paper 2010