In November 2013 Nominet announced its decision to introduce second-level domain registration as part of a broader programme of work aimed at driving innovation, enhancing security and improving standards in the .uk namespace.
- Read the relevant press release
- Read more about the decision to introduce second-level domain registration
The decided approach features significant changes to the proposals consulted on, in response to feedback received and further analysis conducted.
From 1 July 2013 to 23 September 2013 we held a second consultation seeking stakeholder feedback on a revised set of proposals that would underpin the potential release of second level domains:
- Second level domain registration in .uk: Nominet Consultation Document 1 July 2013
- Second level domain registration in .uk: Nominet Background Document, 1 July 2013
Feedback was published in November 2013:
- Summary of Feedback by Nominet .uk Policy Process Secretariat
- Summary of Feedback by Nomensa
- Individual consultation responses (where permission to publish has been granted)
- Email exchange between Nominet and Department for Culture, Media and Sport
From 1 October 2012 to 7 January 2013 we held a consultation seeking stakeholder feedback on a set of proposals that would underpin the potential release of second level domains. A summary of the feedback was published in February 2013: Direct.uk Consultation Summary of Feedback, Nominet .uk Policy Process Secretariat, 26 February 2013.