We’re here to help. We will treat you with respect and courtesy and will do all we can to make sure you’re satisfied at all times with the help and guidance we give you. However, if for any reason you are not satisfied, please contact a Customer Services team leader, who will investigate and respond to your complaint. If you are not happy with the response you receive and wish to take it further, please follow our complaints procedure as detailed below. We give our commitment that your concerns will be fully investigated.
If your complaint is about a member or your registrar rather than directly about us, see Complaining about a registrar or Members’ Code.
If you wish to complain about incorrect data in our WHOIS service please find out about how to complain about incorrect WHOIS data.
If you wish to complain about data in our WHOIS service please refer to our WHOIS opt-out policy.
If you have made a complaint to a Customers Services Team Leader and are not happy with the response, you should complain to our Customer Services Manager via email or mail:
Customer Services Manager
Edmund Halley Road
Oxford Science Park
Or telephone us on 01865 332233 (registrars) 01865 332244 (registrants)
- When we receive your complaint we will acknowledge it within two working days.
- We will then fully investigate your complaint and aim to respond within 10 working days.
- If the situation requires a longer investigation, we will contact you within 10 working days to inform you of this and let you know when you can expect our response.
- Your complaint will also be kept on file to enable us to monitor the number and types of complaints we receive and, where appropriate make changes to our systems and services in response to your feedback.
Taking your complaint further
If you are not satisfied with the response that you have received from our Customer Services Manager you should escalate your complaint to our COO. If we do not hear from you within 20 days we will consider the case to have been resolved.
When making an escalated complaint, please ensure that you include full details of your complaint, and reasons for your dissatisfaction with our response. You will receive an acknowledgement within two working days and a final response within 10 working days. If the situation requires a longer investigation, we will contact you within 10 working days to inform you of this and let you know when you can expect our response. Your complaint will also be kept on file to enable us to monitor the number and types of complaints we receive.
All complaints to our COO should be made in writing and include the following information:
- Your name and contact details and tag/account information if appropriate
- The domain name(s) concerned (if appropriate)
- A clear description of your concern or complaint
- What steps you would like us to take to resolve the issue
- Please write "Complaint" clearly on the top of your letter or in the subject line of your email.
Please send your escalated complaint to the COO via email or in writing to:
Edmund Halley Road
Oxford Science Park
Our commitment to our staff
We are committed to our customers and providing the best service possible. We are also committed to providing a safe and appropriate working environment for our staff. Our staff have the right to be treated with respect and courtesy. We will not accept instances of verbal, written or physical harassment or abuse of our staff.
We reserve the right, where our staff are subjected to unacceptable conduct or communication, to restrict or refuse access to our services (e.g. we may ask you to only correspond with us in writing or to a specific contact).
What if I have suggestions and comments rather than a complaint?
We always welcome feedback on any aspect of our policy, procedures or services. If you would like to send us suggestions or comments please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be passed on to the relevant department or project team asap.