As a registrar working with us you may access a range of resources and support to help you with your domain name business and get the most out of your relationship with us.
- Registrar Resources – dedicated microsite for our registrars.
- Customer services - 24/7 emergency technical support and general support during office hours.
- Registrar systems – we provide various registration systems and domain lookup tools which you can use to interact with us.
- Logos: we provide two logos for registrars to use:
- Terms and conditions logo – available to all registrars. This logo is an ideal way of informing your customers that their registration is subject to Nominet's Terms and Conditions. If you do not use the logo then please use the link http://www.nominet.org.uk/uk-domain-names/registering-uk-domain/legal-details/terms-and-conditions-domain-name-registration to ensure that the link remains live even if we restructure our website
- Member logo: available for use only by members
- Marketing materials – we provide .uk marketing materials to help you market your .uk domain name products and services.
- Campaign materials – we provide information, templates and best practice guides to help you to plan and run campaigns to recruit new customers and retain your existing customers.
- Events: - information about events that we run including registrar information days and our annual .uk day.
If you are a member of Nominet and a registrar you are entitled to receive a discount for domain name registrations and may choose to use our multi-year registration functionality. If you are a registrar but not a member of Nominet you will be charged the full registration fee of £80 plus VAT for each domain name.
When you register a domain name on behalf of a customer, you are acting as their Agent and are therefore binding them to our Terms and Conditions. You have a legal responsibility to make customers aware of their contractual obligations to Nominet UK. This is outlined in more detail in the Registrar Agreement and Good Practice Terms.
The documents below provide further information about Nominet that you can share with your customers to illustrate how you work with us to provide them with a domain name service.
How online services can help you to service your customers
All of your .uk customers will have a Nominet account created for them. This document explains what registrants can do in online services, and the system could help you to serve your customers better.
An introduction to Nominet
This document explains the role of Nominet. It may also be useful to help you explain your relationship with Nominet to your customers.
How to register a .ltd.uk or .plc.uk domain name
This document is a useful guide to the .ltd and .plc SLDs.
Customer complaints procedure
Having a complaints procedure for your customers is an essential part of being a .uk registrar and is part of your agreement with us. Here are details of our customer complaints procedure to help you develop your own version.